Categories and Tags
Should tasks be categorized by categories or tags - or both?
With Flyspray 1.0 tags are supported. They are just labels that can be applied to tasks.
The differences between categories and tags in Flyspray 1.0 are:
- A category can have one default assigned user, who can gets assigned automatically to each task created in that category.
- The category filter is available in the extended search
- Can be grouped in a hierarchy tree.
- A task can only be in one category.
- multiple tags per task
- not searchable or filterable yet (planned for FS1.1)
- no grouping of tags (taxonomy)
Examples - what is good for categories and which are better done as tags.